Saturday, April 10, 2010

SMU Update 04/10/10

SMU planned for us to have dinner or lunch with one of the professors from school in their home. We were split into several groups and assigned a professors home to attend and the plans were set. My group had lunch on Saturday afternoon at a professors home in the city. I was at the old campus with my former roommate so I headed over to meet the rest of the group. The meal was prepared in front of us for several hours while we visited and enjoyed some snacks. The professor had very limited English but we had our friend Sarah with us to translate. The meal was excellent and they went to great measures to make sure we were satisfied.

I continually say I but I just can't get over the outward friendliness of this culture. We have really been treated like family. After the lunch we made our way to the old campus because several of us had yet to see it. It was a gorgeous day out so the rest of the group decided to go to century park. I had been wanting to go visit Fudan University so I got a taxi with Dan and made the 30 minute drive to the campus. Fudan University is one of the best University's in Shanghai and it has an excellent MBA program. The campus was very nice and I stopped to gather some information on the program.

Adam Silvis is a 2/C cadet and Student Trustee at Massachusetts Maritime Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment