Sunday, May 23, 2010

MMA Update 05/23/10

More excerpts from a weekend in New York...

The traffic and the Subway...
Although heavy traffic and congested streets are no stranger to us, we still enjoyed every street and corner under the concrete jungle of the city. When walking down the street, we could easily find subway stations every several blocks. That’s why we all considered taking the subway to be an essential part of an authentic NYC experience. We rode it about 8 times. But, the only hard part for us was figuring out which direction each train was heading and where we could interchange to another train. So it took us time to search the map for directions.

The food and shops around...
We stopped by a restaurant for dinner before going to the Time Square the first night. Jake took us to his favorite restaurant, TGI Friday’s. I’m not sure how authentic it is but I am very thankful because the food was really fabulous there. Between the 7 of us, we racked up a $250 bill, but the meal was well worth it. There were many shops and stands selling anything you wanted to buy from souvenirs to hotdogs. I bought several of both. We bargained with venders for lower prices on the items. My roommate Brendan helped me get my favorite purchase for a great deal. It was an I heart NYC t-shirt but learning about the baseball season I will wait till I get back to Shanghai to wear it.

Submitted by, SMU Cadet Huang Yixin, “Matthew”

No comments:

Post a Comment